Who I Am
A fulltime non-fiction author with some chops:
- Several of my books have hit #1 in their Amazon category.
- One of my magazine articles was chosen for a Best Of book published by The Writer magazine.
- One of my poems is in the 2017-2018 San Diego Poetry Annual
- I belong to Western Writers of America (I wish I was as famously successful as fellow member Craig Johnson of Longmire).
- I’ve been interviewed by the NY Times, Better Homes & Gardens, Kiplinger’s, and bunches of websites. You can also catch one of my podcast interviews over at The Creative Penn.
How I Can Help You
I written 30 books and hundreds of magazine and web articles. I know how to string words together so they 1) make sense; and 2) are beautiful. That’s what we all want, no?
Check out the links to my Online Courses or Work With Me 1-On-1
Beyond that . . . .
I love research
I’m a cat person
I wear purple a lot (does that mean I’m old?)
I’m an Emily Dickinson fan
I adore creative non-fiction
Always loved Dylan (Bob and Thomas)
I listen to period music when writing
I’m currently into lime green things
I’m a minimalist
I try to take at least one class every few months
I grow ideas
I write poetry
I try to write short stories (frankly, I stink)
I’m a terrible editor
I write. I write. I write.