I’m a full-time author with some chops:
- Several of my books have hit #1 in their Amazon category.
- One of my magazine articles was chosen for a Best Of book published by The Writer magazine.
- One of my poems is in the 2017-2018 San Diego Poetry Annual
- I belong to Western Writers of America (I wish I was as famously successful as fellow member Craig Johnson of Longmire).
- Right now my primary income comes from writing about genealogy & history
- I’ve been interviewed by the NY Times, Better Homes & Gardens, Kiplinger’s, and bunches of websites. You can also catch one of my podcast interviews over at The Creative Penn.
What else can I tell you?
I written 30 books and hundreds of magazine and web articles. I know how to string words together so they 1) make sense; and 2) are beautiful. That’s what we all want, no?
Beyond that . . . .
- I’m writing a novel – the historical ilk
- I love research
- I’m a cat person
- I wear purple a lot (does that mean I’m old?)
- I’m an Emily Dickinson fan
- I adore creative non-fiction
- Always loved Dylan (Bob and Thomas)
- I listen to period music when writing
- I’m currently into lime green things
- I’m a minimalist
- I try to take at least one class every few months
- I grow ideas
- I write poetry
- I try to write short stories (frankly, I stink)
- I’m a terrible editor
- I write. I write. I write.
All content copyright Nancy Hendrickson. All rights reserved.